Skip to main content

FROM CHILDHOOD HOUR


                 DANISH BHAT
From childhood's hour I have not been 
As others were; I have not seen 
As others saw; I could not bring 
My passions from a common spring. 
From the same source I have not taken 
My sorrow; I could not awaken 
My heart to joy at the same tone; 
And all I loved, I loved alone. 
Then- in my childhood, in the dawn 
Of a most stormy life- was drawn 
From every depth of good and ill 
The mystery which binds me still: 
From the torrent, or the fountain, 
From the red cliff of the mountain, 
From the sun that round me rolled 
In its autumn tint of gold, 
From the lightning in the sky 
As it passed me flying by, 
From the thunder and the storm, 
And the cloud that took the form 
(When the rest of Heaven was blue) 
Of a demon in my view.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deadly water

DEADLY WATER Water was very cold, mother! When we fell into the river. You know how bad do I feel  when you take me for a bath; I shivered for a while  and then I felt numb, I froze to my last breath  in the freezing water; I tried to hold my breath  Like I do when you pour water on me, But it didn’t work this time! I tried to save my books, mother! Expensive books and my school bag,  dad bought yesterday for me with small savings he had made; But it was too heavy,  it pulled me down along Till I sank with the soaked pages  I would read in the school  to become an engineer, And make a bridge  For my school across the river! It was morning prayer time, mother! You prayed for my long life  and cooked food for me; You kissed my forehead  and pulled me from the bed; Fed me with your sweet hands and dressed me up, a last time, for the school or angel of death; You combed my hair, kissed my cheeks and looked into my eyes, a la...

Don't 🤔

Do not love half lovers Do not entertain half friends Do not live half a life and do not die a half death If you choose silence, then be silent When you speak, do so until you are finished Do not silence yourself to say something And do not speak to be silent If you accept, then express it bluntly Do not mask it If you refuse then be clear about it for an ambiguous refusal is but a weak acceptance Do not accept half a solution Do not believe half truths Do not dream half a dream Do not fantasize about half hopes Half the way will get you no where Half an idea will bear you no results Half a life is a life you didn't live, A word you have not said A smile you postponed A love you have not had A friendship you did not know The half is a mere moment of inability but you are able for you are not half a being You are a whole that exists to live a life not half a life.

AND IT RAINS....😘

AND IT RAINS It rains and rains deep into the minds Like the clouds crashing with shattering sounds The round skullish balls on the necks With two round gorged springs to drain the floods, Explode! And it rains incessantly.. It rains and rains into the web of drains They call it tears, the salty waters devoid of sugar For the sadists relish inebriating drinks Drawn from the blood of innocent clouds, Fools! And it rains incessantly.. It rains and rains and pains the heart Beating it hard and churning to froth The emotions, the feelings, laughs and sighs Driving the rains to flow into gutters, Desecrated! And it rains incessantly..